Concluding Unscientific Postscript, by Søren Kierkegaard. Why?
- Not interested, really, in reading about why I should be a Christian, even in a work that was an ancestor of existentialism.
- I sometimes find Kierkegaard's reasoning specious.
- I don't like the person I meet in Kierkegaard's writings. He reminds me of C.S. Lewis, only not so humorless.
- John Skelton: The Complete English Poems (begun since the last update). Poetry. Wasn't enjoying it much, and the second-hand book was physically falling apart in my hands.
- Mid-Century French Poets, edited and translated by Wallace Fowlie. (Had started before the last update.)
- Harry Potter and the Prison of Azkaban, by J.K. Rowling. Fiction.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, by J.K. Rowling. Fiction.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, by J.K. Rowling. Fiction.
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, by J.K. Rowling. Fiction.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, by J.K. Rowling. Fiction.
- Gambit, by Rex Stout. Fiction.
- Diaboliad and Other Stories, by Mikhail Bulgakov, translated by Carl R. Proffer, edited by Ellendea Proffer Teasley and Carl R. Proffer. Fiction.
- Total number of books started this year to date: 49
- Books currently reading: 3
- Books finished: 43
- Books abandoned unfinished: 3
- Nonfiction books read or started: 8
- Fiction books read or started: 27
- Poetry/literature books read or started: 14
No feedback yet
Form is loading...